Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Australia Day and Happy Birthday

Today is Australia Day.

A day to celebrate our nation and all the wonderful things in it.

It is also my Dear Hubby's Birthday. Yay Jeff!

So we naturally had to host a Barbeque/party.
We had loads of people here, mostly family.

Lots of food and plenty of sun and fun.
We had snags as well as beef and chicken wraps. With lots of salad to put into them.


Then for sweets my sister Sue made a Lamington Surprise cake. It was very colorful and quite the surprise when I cut it open. She also made lamington crackles.



Another sister Jacqui made lovely little Australia shaped jelly cakes in green and gold and they had edible sparkles. Love sparkly!


She also made green and gold frog in a pond for the kids and jelly shots for the adults. Yummo!


And to wash it down she had skittles vodka in yep you guessed it....green and gold.
And midori with pineapple juice with Australia shaped ice cubes!


We also had Pavlova,fruit salad,apple slice and a Mud cake for the birthday cake.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love that photo of Jeff what a classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so interesting to see how you celebrate Australia Day!

    Thank you for entering my OWOH giveaway. I hope you'll be back to visit my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete